April 20, 2012

Hey Soul Sista...

OK....I am gonna just say it.  I love pop music.  It is one of my guilty pleasures....it makes me happy.  The cheezier the better these days. Which is a good thing at the moment because one of Ella Mae's favorite songs right now is "Hey Soul Sister" by Train and   every time we get into the car she wants me to blast it as loud as it will go.  "Louder!! Louder please!" she yells at me from the back.  It is all worth it though when I look in  my rear view to see her fist-pumping both hands to the sky with her hair blowing in the breeze...moving her lips to the words that she thinks she knows...sometimes she even has her eyes closed...and even the Doobers will chime in with the occasional line or two.  We pulled up next to a biker at a stop light yesterday on our way home from hippy-daycare...windows down, blaring the song....me and Ella Mae singing at the top of our lungs.  He looked over at us and smiled...chuckled  really.  We don't always get the chuckle....sometimes we get a little bit of the crazy...but that's OK...we are a  little bit crazy!  Especially when Ruby Doobs comes home from hippy-daycare lookin' like this.........





They  have fun up there..there is no denying it...and there is no denying she is rockin' it!  She is all over the place in the house now...pure awesomeness!  She even crawled up some stairs at a friends house yesterday.  I have a feeling she is getting her dare devil attitude from her "Soul Sista" who can't seem to keep her feet on the ground.  All I can say is "look out world!"....these lil' ladies are comin' through to shake (or dance) it up!  Soo....maybe roll down those windows a little today, crank some tunes and sing at the top of your lungs.  It feels pretty darn good...

                                              Rock on Peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment