May 19, 2011

Terrible twos....


You know it has been a "trying" week with your two year old when Ballerina barbie says to Swimsuit barbie... "you're driving me nuts!!"  That was the conversation they were having in the back of the car on the way to lunch this afternoon.  This comes after a 30 minute struggle over what shoes to wear, and once we got the ones on she picked out on her sweet Fred Flinstone feet...Of course she wanted different ones. Needless to say...."you're driving me nuts" has been my anthem this past week.  It is mentally exhausting!!  Maybe I just need to stop all negotiations.  I sound like I took someone hostage or something (my sanity perhaps..Ha!) Her new thing is "three more minutes Mommy"...as in "I am going to watch this movie for three more minutes" after I tell her it is time to turn it off.  Or my personal fave " I will go to be in three more minutes"...and then the battle begins!!  She is funny because she puts her thumb and index finger together to make a circle and leaves the other three fingers up and will shake them at you...three more minutes...

                                        
Three more minutes mommy!!
                                                  


In between our "negotiations" though, she is still her wonderfully sweet Ella Mae self....her endless hugs for her sister..the way she calls her dolls "sweetie" like her dad calls her and strokes their hair and pats them to sleep.  Today we had a salon session...she pulled..I mean brushed my hair in an attempt to get it into a ponytail, and then I got to paint her toe and finger nails..her "po-tails" as she calls them.

                                                
Ella's "Poe Tails"
                                          



  So yes....some moments she "drives me nuts"....but if she was perfect all the time maybe I wouldn't cherish our "salon time" as much as I do  :) At least Ruber Doobers remains cool as a cucumber.  She seems  to wake up on the right side of the bed every morning...she has even started "giggling" a bit     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment