April 9, 2011

Friday night "Culde Crew"

So... I have to say that I love my nieghborhood.  My friday nights have changed quite dramatically from nights out downtown, driving around endlessly for parking,  pushing my way up to the bar for a drink, waiting in line for the bathroom....to  simply stopping for a bottle (the big one..which to my defense, I share with neighbors in need) of vino on my way home from work and pulling my lawn chair out into our culdesac, ordering pizza and pretty much letting the kiddos run wild in the street (we put up a big orange cone in the culde entrance to "alert" the other neighbors of the action). They run around like a pack of wolves, with the occasional scraped knee ,poop in the driveway(more on that later), or fight over a barbie to wich we have to mediate.  For the most part we(the parents of the wolves) get to sit around and enjoy an adult beverage, catch up on our lives...and really just let our kiddos do all the entertaining. I thought inebriated adults were entertaining..not so much.  Finally getting to hear what goes on in those lil' brains of theirs is much more hilarious!  It's like watching and independent film that is not quite polished, interesting to only certain people (that would be us, the parents)...

"Happy hour" last week had a pretty funny twist.  It started off inocently enough with the sprinkler going in my neighbors yard.  Next thing you know my daughter, the pioneer of nudity in the culde, has stripped down and is running through the sprinkler...all the culde kiddos to follow.  This seemed to be a great kick off to spring, keeping them entertained for quite some time....until we hear a cry from my daughter and scream from her BFF in the culde.  Upon further investigation, we realize our lil' lady has left a little "gift" on our neighbors driveway.  You know you are a redneck when.....just kidding! HA! Luckily we were sitting with our neighbors at the time and it gave us quite the chuckle.  Crazy pip-squeaks!  We had a long talk about "poo poo POTTY...not DRIVEWAY"....this could be a long summer  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I couldn't have describe the "crew" any better :)

    ReplyDelete