April 24, 2011

Happy Egg hunting Ya'll!!




Ruby Doobs Easter Booty



My Easter Girls
Easter is such a funny and sweet holiday.  We usually go out to my Aunt's house with cousins and family where they serve up a good ol' southern meal that makes you wish you had worn elastic banded pants. So we pack up the pip-squeaks in thier matching outfits compliments of G-ma and head in that direction.  Ella Mae by-passed her nap, although her daddy warned her "It would be in your best interest to take a nap on the way out there."  Isn't it funny the things we tell them? I found myself telling her the other day "you really need to learn to control your emotions better"....I laughed out loud later thinking that I said that to my 2 yr old!  Maybe I need to take my own advice..Ha!!  Anywho.. She ended up having no melt downs ..even though she did not heed his warnings.  I looked back on the drive home and she was passed out..head dangling in car seat..with a chocolate mustache and matching beard.  I would say that's a good indication it was a good Easter.




 Saturday we had a 'Culde Crew" egg dying party in the front yard..super fun. I had never done it before, but my inner Martha Stewart was whispering in my ear to have fun with the kiddos.  Note to self for next year... must use vinegar or it doesn't take.  Our "round twos" were much better than the first batch.


After the very messy dying of the eggs, we "hid" them in our neighbors front yard we refer to as the "jungle".  It's not really a jungle, but to a wee one may seem that way.  And of course I use the word "hide" loosely....

Ready...set....Happy Hunting Ya'll  :)


Our finished beauties..soon to be deviled eggs!

Have a wonderful week!!

1 comment:

  1. yay for cuties & easter! so excited to find your blog - my mom sent it to me today. i'll be back lots and hope to see you in austin soon! lindsay (pat chapman's daughter)

    ReplyDelete