April 12, 2011

Is this what the world is coming to??

So I was chatting with a client the other day and something he said has just been weighing on my mind.  He was talking about a friend of his who actually got to "pick" what sex of kiddo they wanted.  I found it kinda disturbing cuz it made me wonder if kiddos like my wonderful lil' Ruby Doobie would someday become extinct.  If everyone could pick their "perfect" child...would they pick ones with that extra special chromosome?  I look at my daughter and to me she is "perfect"....but would I have chosen from other so called "typical" kiddos if I had the choice?  It makes my heart hurt just the thought her being any different now than who she is. I feel so blessed and my heart is so wide open...because of who she is!  She is meant to be exactly the way she is and I know how much we can learn from her sweet spirit.  If we were all "perfect"...how boring would the world be??  It is our individuality and those "extra chromosomes" of the world that makes life so wonderful and interesting!!  Just look at my beautiful "Ruby Cakes" and tell  me her smile doesnt make this world a better place.......
Hope everyone is havin a kick ass week!!  We sure are :)

1 comment: