October 19, 2012

Finally!

One thing that drives me bonkers (and probably all women around the universe) is the fact that the hubby and his lil 'mini me' can't seem to make it the extra two feet to the laundry basket and clothes usually accumulate just outside the closet door. No matter how many times I express my annoyance...it never changes.  The mess that accumulates in just one afternoon  he is alone with the girls...ridiculous.  The fact that it doesn't seem to bother him...ridiculous...but I come home and everyone is happy and having fun...so I am not really complaining. I fear our sweet lil' Ella Mae has acquired a bit of the 'messy gene' from her dad as she likes to move from one toy pile to the other...like a Tasmanian Devil.  Well peeps...I think I have finally produced a family member who likes to clean (clap clap clap)...

Here's our lil' merry maid throwing out some trash...

Doing a little dusting...

This girl  has always loved wiping things down. She usually has a wet wipe handy to clean the nearest dirty surface...but she has added 'throwing things in the trash' to her clean-up duties.  I really love her spirit...but I have also found some inappropriate things in the trash.  Ella Mae's underwear, for instance...she tried to put her bottle full of milk in there tonight also, along with Biscuit's dog dish.  My mom told me once that a few sentimental things my grandmother had given her had gone missing when I was around Ruby's age.  She was baffled for months trying to figure out where the heck these things were going...she looked everywhere.  Then, one afternoon, she saw me pick up something from the coffee table and nonchalantly cruise through the dining room and around to the kitchen.  She caught me just in the nick of time to see that I had been throwing things away, and that (more than likely) her treasures were long gone.  Luckily, we don't have anything we would miss too much (other than the kiddos, of course)...so I have been encouraging her motivation to keep the digs tidy, and it happens to be a good core building exercise .  That's a win-win in my book!

So Doobs new passion is cleaning...Ella Mae's new passion is photography.  Here are some of her latest works of art I found on the camera today:

Captain Banana's legs...

Daddy's legs...she has the leg thing down...

Doobers cruisin through the dining room...



Those first ones were practice...this is some of her better work:


No legs in this one!!  Way to go Ella Mae!!




Not too shabby if you ask me!!!


Happy Friday peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment