October 11, 2012

Tunes...


Music and laughter are top family faves around our house, so it has been pretty cool that Ella Mae is starting to learn the words to songs (other than Old McDonald) and sing along.  For me, lyrics can take me back to a special moment in an instant...and I absolutely love it.  So I am really glad Ella Mae's new fave is Bruno Mars "Just the way you are".  This song had just come out when Ruby was born(before Ella could jam with the words) and the hubby and I would roll down the windows and sing at the top of our lungs....when I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change.....girl your amazing....JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!!  It takes me back to those little tiny hands and feet...just staring in amazement at Ruby and feeling so lucky to be able to kiss those perfect lil hands and feet everyday.  I love love love the fact that every time that tune comes on the radio Ella Mae asks me to turn it up and roll the windows down...and she knows all the words (kinda her own version, but still)....this girl sings with her whole heart too.  Ruby Doobs will sometimes chime in (with her own version as well), so it is kinda like my own lil' version of American Idol (William Hung style..remember him?..ha!) .  These two have such a special relationship...and I know one day they will hear these songs and it will take them back to a special place of wind-blown hair and sisterly love...




Check out this version of a brother singing the same song to his little sister who happens to be rockin' an extra chromosome:



Only one more day till Friday!!  Hang in there peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment