October 7, 2012

Sunday Funday....

It is always funday around these parts it seems....but Sunday is family day and seems to be extra fun....it usually starts with mommy,  Ella Mae and Doobs sleeping in, and daddy either: 1. making bacon and pancakes (there is nothin on this earth like the smell of bacon in the morning), 2. daddy baking cinnamon rolls (Ella Mae's favorite choice), or 3. daddy picking up Maudies tacos and pancakes (mommy's favorite) . My favorite part of all of this?  Mommy is only at the front of the 'sleeping in' sentence and the girls generally end up all in our bed for Sunday morning snuggle time. Not even bacon tops Sunday morning snuggle time.  I guess one of the main things I would like to accomplish with my daily bloggin this month is this: our life is pretty simple and "normal" minus a few therapy sessions here and there.  We are more aware of the little things Ruby Doobs should be working on and incorporate those things in with daily life, but other than that...life with the Doobs is just like life with any other kiddo. Well...I take that back...we think it is cooler :)  Her and Ella Mae play just like any other siblings, although I feel like Ella has a heightened sensitivity to Ruby's needs and emotions.  Again...cooler.

Look at that squat!!  Even playing 'farmhouse' is a workout opportunity for Doobs...

Our lives are certainly more enriched by both our lil' ladies...and I wouldn't change a single chromosome, or hair on their head for that matter, on either of them. Do they drive me crazy sometimes...of course they do. I would be lyin' if I said otherwise. Just like any household.. But I miss them terribly even for the day when they are at school and my heart literally hurts when they hurt.  Our expectations for Ruby are the same as those for Ella Mae..or any kiddo.  To be happy, to be loved, to be respectful, to be anything and everything she wants to be.  Skies the limit for both my lil' ladies...so watch out world!


No Sunday Funday is complete without a Jam session!!
Complete with a lil' Doobers solo...HA! Makin Stevie proud :)
                        So...life with an extra chromosomer is really no different...just a lil cooler :)

                                                                Jam on peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment