March 2, 2012

Sisters

Here goes day two of my "challenge"...

So Ruby Doobs has got some new moves...last night Ella Mae, who the Doobs looks at like I would look at Stevie Wonder if I bumped into him on the street, was playing "blanklets" with Ruby while she was sitting on the living room floor.  I have said before that Doobs laughs the hardest when I think Ella Mae is about to "break" her...so last night Ella Mae had two blankets and was wrapping Doobs up like she was King Tut, and then quickly unwrapping her until she was falling over.  The mom in me thought the game was a bit on the dangerous side, but I decided (or Ruby's laughter decided for me) to let it continue, and I am glad I did.  I think Doobers learned more about her body and the way it can move just in that one "blankley" session with Ella Mae than she has learned in the all her therapies combined.  By the end of the "session" she was throwing herself down on the rug and rolling herself over to the pillows that Ella Mae was "supermanning" off the couch on to...  She was pulling up on all fours and rocking like she was about to shoot off into space!  Whenever Ella Mae would see Ruby was down...she would come over to her, grab her face with both hands....look her in the eyes and say...are you o.k. sweetie?  Let me help you...


 I think her and Ella Mae are quite the perfect pair if you ask me...Ruby Doobs can watch Ella Mae in all her craziness...and she does get a bit crazy...and soon will be able to "superman" off the couch during her "therapy" sessions with Ella.  She will teach her that the skies the limit, holding her cute lil' hand the whole way.  Ella Mae will gain the confidence that comes with the way Doobers looks up to her...  she will learn compassion and responsibility that comes with loving someone unconditionally and with your whole heart, knowing they look to you for support, love and guidance.  Watching the love transpire between the two of them..I have to say, makes my heart swell up like Pipeline on the North Shore of Hawaii...watching them do their own version of 'dancing' in the living room, giggling and laughing and swaying to whatever daddy has put on to groove to (lately it has been Neil Diamond...think Sweet Caroline)...I think they will definitely  both dance to the beat to of their own drum, and I am the lucky one who gets to see those sweet dance moves every day.....so in the words of the great Stevie Wonder (who I hope to bump into on the street one day)........Boogie on Reggae Woman!!  



1 comment:

  1. Love those smiles and the pigtails! Glad your posting all month. Will help me get my fix!

    ReplyDelete